Race Control Screen for Race Direction
Tracking and Tripy controls
Tracking and checks available with Tripy Rally Control
The organiser and their calculations service receive and a login and password to be able to consult the Rally Control web interface, accessible from any PC or tablet. The Race Direction can therefore check the progression of crews, the times for each finish of every special, the route taken, the distance covered, eventual speeding, technical alerts, safety alarms, the status of the units (external power supply, battery, the state of the firmware, GPS reception quality, ‘age’ of the geo-localisation).
- Tracking and safety
- Follow in real time each vehicle over the background map,
- Show safety alarms following a stop of more than 20 seconds in a special or coming from a distress signal sent by the crew (yellow or red button on the Tripy-R unit),
- transmission of alarms by 3G to Race Direction but also via a radio system (virtual yellow flag) and by relay of other rally vehicles so as to remain operational even in areas where GSM network coverage is poor or inexistent (horizontal safety associated with vertical safety).
- Speed controls
- Control of defined zones (DZ/FZ), for example passing through a village,
- Permeant control of maximum speed throughout the whole rally.
- For each excess speeding, Tripy-R gives the distance over which the excess was noted, as well as the highest speed during the speeding period,
- As a reminder, on their LCD screen, the Tripy-R constantly displays the rally time. It also displays a speed limit symbol when the vehicle approaches a speed control zone. During the zone, it also gives an audible warning when the crew approaches the speed limit or goes over the authorised speed limit.
- Checking the route covered by the competitor
- Tripy-R transmits to our server the route actually taken by each competitor. That alllows the timekeepers to make instant checks on the itinerary taken by each competitor, as well as to note route errors that can cause loss of time.
As an ultimate backup, in addition to the information being sent to two separate servers, all the data recorded and calculated by each Tripy-R remains in the unit until the end of the rally.